Rovos Deluxe Cabin
View Africa from the Observation Car
Rovos Dining Car
Victoria Falls Hotel Lobby
Victoria Falls Hotel Dining Room
Khulu Bush Camp
Khulu Bush Camp
Relaxing at Khulu Bush Camp
Guided Game Walks (optional)
Table Bay Lobby
Table Bay Superior Luxury room
Cape Town, Signal Hill & Table Mountain
Luxury Train, Victoria Falls and Wildlife Safari
Experience the most luxurious train in Africa and possibly the world, the iconic Victoria Falls at near-peak water flow and then a wildlife safari that you've been dreaming about since your childhood.
This wonderful itinerary is designed especially for passengers on the Oceania Insignia departing Cape Town on 21MAY2022. The cruise is known as Ivory to Iberia. With this prelude safari, you'll see a lot more than just Ivory. (NB: This cruise has since been cancelled, which means that you could extend your stay in Cape Town. You'll want to!)
You will spend the first night acclimating to African time in the luxurious D'Oreale Grande Hotel in the Emperors Palace complex adjacent to the Johannesburg Airport.
Then you will board the Rovos Rail four night journey to Victoria. Vogue Magazine described this as the most luxurious train in Africa and few in the world come close to this standard. During this journey you will visit a wildlife conservancy, enjoy a wildlife viewing drive and visit a local village.
Then arrive at Victoria Falls, walk across the forecourt and directly into your hotel, "The Grand Old Lady" of African tourism. For more than 100 years she has perched in an enviable position, looking up the Zambezi River at the iconic steel railway and road bridge that connects Zambia to Zimbabwe. You will be there at peak flow, when up to 12,000 tons of water every second plunges 300 feet into the canyon below the Falls. You will discover why it's called Mosi Oa Tunya (The Smoke that Thunders).
Next morning you'll be driven to your classic African Safari Camp. It will reset your definition of "camp" and "tent". For three nights you will enjoy fascinating game drives with passionate wildlife guides, sample incredible food and relax in the wonderful environment that only an African safari can provide.
Then fly from Victoria Falls to Cape Town to stay in one of our favourite city-based hotels. Spend two nights here, enjoying the many delights of The Mother City. The hotel is very close to the harbour and you have plenty of time on the 21st of May before your vessel sails at 9pm.
US$7656 per person sharing
- Accommodation at hotels, train and safari camps on the bases indicated
- Flight from Victoria Falls to Cape Town
- Game drives at safari camp
- Alcoholic beverages on Rovos Rail and at Khulu Bush Camp
- High Tea on Stanley's Terrace at Victoria Falls Hotel
- Dinner at The Boma, Vic Falls (Drinks and extras for your account)
- All transfers mentioned eg: airport-hotel; hotel-train; hotel-safari camp; safari camp-airport
- Park entry fees, VAT, taxes and levies current at time of confirmation
- Long-haul flights to Africa
- Cruise from Cape Town
- Transfer from Table Bay Hotel to Cape Town Harbour.
- Any activities identified as "optional" or "recommended"
- Anything not mentioned herein
- Travel insurance (This is compulsory. We highly recommend that you obtain this and that it is current before paying your deposits.)
- All items of a personal nature.
- Cost of vaccinations, medications and Visas.