Exclusively Serengeti and Selous
Northern Serengeti and Nyerere National Park
This is an "exclusive-use" safari in two of the most beautiful and iconic parks in Eastern Africa. The Serengeti and Selous National Parks have attracted discerning safari enthusiasts for generations. In both destinations, you get exclusive use of the property, your own vehicle, boat (at Kiba), guide, driver, chef and staff.
Days 1 - 4Mkombe's House Lamai (3-Nights)
Located between the Central Serengeti and Kenya’s Masai Mara National Reserve to the north, the Northern Serengeti is a remote African wildlife wonderland. The vast, rolling savannah of the Northern Serengeti, is known as the hub of the great migration. The landscape is characterised by vast stretches of savannah interspersed with acacia trees and riverine woodlands.
Wildlife can be seen along the banks of the Mara River and visitors can view the annual spectacle of the half a million migrating wildebeest. Commonly spotted wildlife include: a multitude of plains game such as buffalo, zebra, gazelles, impala, giraffe as well as lion and leopard. Visitors can look forward to bird watching, hot air ballooning, game safaris and guided bush walks.
Located between the Central Serengeti and Kenya’s Masai Mara National Reserve to the north, the Northern Serengeti is a remote African wildlife wonderland. The vast, rolling savanna of the Northern Serengeti, is known as the hub of the ground-shaking Great Migration.
The landscape is characterised by vast stretches of savanna interspersed with acacia trees and riverine woodlands. Wildlife can be seen along the banks of the Mara River and visitors can view the annual spectacle of the half a million migrating wildebeest. Visitors can look forward to bird watching, hot air ballooning, game safaris and guided bush walks.
Commonly spotted wildlife include:
- A multitude of plains game such as buffalo
Day 4 - 8Kiba Point Selous (4-Nights)
Kiba point is a totally exclusive little retreat in the heart of one of the most game-rich areas the Selous. It's set back off the river, with only 4 large and open-fronted rooms. Bathrooms are bush deluxe, with flush toilets, indoor and outdoor showers and hot and cold water as and when you want. Each room has its own plunge pool set into the edge of the deck, and there is also a large pool at the main thatched mess, where you can also sink into comfortable sofas and chairs for an afternoon of general laziness.
Kiba Point has its own small team of guides and staff, all of whom can help you plan your activities. Head out every day either on foot, by boat or by vehicle - as you want and when you want - that's the beauty of your own private camp.
Nyerere National Park
Forming part of the Selous Game Reserve, Tanzania's newly established Nyerere National Park is Africa’s largest National Park. Stretching over an impressive 30,893 square kilometres, the Nyerere National Park is home to some of the world’s largest concentrations of wildlife. The diversity and sheer volume of wildlife draws visitors from around the globe.
Visitors can look forward to:
- Spotting a wide collection of common and rare species including the famous Big Five
- Some rare species of antelopes like Roan Antelope
- Large concentrations of elephant and hippos.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy a boating safari on the wildlife-abundant Rufiji River
- Spot the rare African Wild Dog
- Enjoy a guided walking safari
US$66,544 for four adults and four children for seven nights.
- Accommodation in private, exclusive-use lodges.
- All meals, house drinks, laundry and private activities including 4x4 game drives, boating, fishing and walking (minimum age 12 years) and exclusive use of camp.
- Scheduled flights: Kilimanjaro International-Serengeti-Selous-Dar Es Salaam.
- Transfers between airstrips and lodges.
- Non-house drinks, fly camping (supplement applies, must be prebooked, minimum age 12 years) and late departure (departure later than 10h00 is not possible at Kiba Point).
Share This Page